6035 Cost Planning Assignment No1 Revised Drawings

6035 Cost Planning Assignment No1 Revised Drawings

by Ronnie Matafeo -
Number of replies: 7

Kia Ora Koutou, Hello everyone,

We trust you are all well and keeping warm.

We have uploaded on Moodle under Assessment no2, (which is Assignment No1), the revised drawings as required for your Assignments.

Remember, if you have added in your Assignment 1 any other information that is NOT shown in the revised Drawings, that is OK. It merely means that you have made some assumptions on what you think what the building could look like, when the drawings are developed further.

Remember, you are doing a Cost Plan Estimate during the Preliminary or Developed Design stage in which you have NOT got all the information available. You have not yet reach the Detail Design Drawings Stage.

And remember you are only providing a measure for Assignment No1. NO prices required. just the measure of Elements/Sub-Element with approximate quantities. 

If you have any questions let us know.

stay safe everyone,

kind regards

Ronnie

In reply to Ronnie Matafeo

Re: 6035 Cost Planning Assignment No1 Revised Drawings

by Xiaofei Ren -
Hi Ronnie,

Could you please provide a brief description or NTT describing what have been revised in the drawings? I have no clue about whether I need to check the new version about anything. Thanks.
In reply to Xiaofei Ren

by Ronnie Matafeo -
Hi Ren,
What is NTT doing in Cost Planning,
I really suggest you look at the drawings yourself as this is part of the exercise, so you know the difference between the Preliminary Stage drawings, Developed Design stage drawings and Detail Design stage Drawings.
Come on Ren, you are nearly there,
kind regards,
Ronnie

by Xiaofei Ren -
Thanks for your reply, Ronnie.

I have done a super quick and general check. No changes of Revisions can be found.

Two changes:

Architectural drawings have 17 pages while the full set have 57 pages.
Structural drawing have 10 pages while full set have 23 pages.

Rick
In reply to Xiaofei Ren

by Monique Hughes -
Hi Rick

Im answering this because I just now did the same and compared.  The revised set of drawings are different to the initial set of drawings we were given for this assignment.  We have been given quite a few extra pages in the revised.  We are not to use the full set of drawings for this assignment.

I hope this hopes.
In reply to Xiaofei Ren

by Ronnie Matafeo -
Awesome Rick,
Good to know.
thanks
Ronnie

by Rohil Lal -
Hi Ronnie, what about us that have completed the assignment before the original due date, and now are being given revised drawings after we had already completed the work?
In reply to Rohil Lal

by Ronnie Matafeo -
OMG Rohil,
thats a bid of change for you, isnt it!!!, lol.
thats wonderful if you have completed it. Give you a hint, no drawings have been revised. you will find that I just deleted out some drawings with details that are generally not available at Preliminary Stage or Developed Design stage.

Part of the exercise is for you to know what sort of drawings (and level of details) available at the various stages of Design Phase of the project.

You can still use your measure/quantities already done if it was based on the first lot of drawings, no problems there.
This was part of the strategic changes the Lecturers made this year to help students focus on 1 set of drawings (1 Project) for the 3 course (6033,6034,6035), which in turn will help students with more time spending on reading and understanding drawings on 1 Project and saving time by utilizing measure/quantities in among the 3 Course where applicable.

Just remember Rohil, your cost plan item description wording should be in Sub-Element item type description. This is different from your Trade item wording description in Schedule of Quantities measure, which is based on ANZSMM2018. Remember you are measuring Cost Planning based on the NZIQS Elemental Analysis Handbook where Sub-Elements items wording should be as describe in the Elemental Analysis with approximate quantities. HENCE your rates/prices will govern by what you have included in your item descriptions, The rates will be required in Assignment 2, but NOT required in Assignment 1.

There is a lot of marks in Marking Rubric on this, so I suggest you read the Marking Rubric carefully.
kind regards,
Ronnie